Grrrr...
I didn't get my camera.
Bloody store, when I reached there, they tell me all the quoted prices weren't inclusive of GST. They even tried to cheat me, want to give me a 4GB 133x CF card. Hello, I'm not a noob can. Everywhere else is including an 8GB 200x CF card AT LEAST!!!
And you can guess the store is run by who... *pffft*
I calculated, I should have just gotten my camera from that Sim Lim store, then gone on to buy a high-speed CF card from elsewhere. Total damage that will be incurred is $2030 for body and card.
The good part of the day is that I got my Sigma 10-20mm from Paul at $575. He said once he realized it was me, he didn't accept anymore offers. Haha! So nice!
The other thing was getting my slides back. Unfortunately, they were quite underexposed. The other day I asked the uncle at Ruby Photo, and he said, yes, cross-processed photos are usually overexposed. And since lomo cams are mostly f8 at 1/100 or 1/125, they'll almost always be underexposed, that's why their cross-processed results look acceptably exposed. No wonder my correctly exposed slides from my FM2n were grossly overexposed when I decided to cross-process them. Hai. Maybe I should've cross-processed my Fisheye films too...
Well, I'll see how things go. Tmr morning, I'll go Sim Lim and get just what I stated: D300 at $1950 and 8GB 200x CF card at $79.90. Then I can go shooting already...
Sickening man... to think I was so excited to get it today... I was even contemplating playing with the camera through the night man...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home