+ =)

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Songs for a Summer Night

"Time,
I've been passing time watching trains go by
All of my life.
Lying on the sand watching seabirds fly,
Wishing there could be someone
Waiting home for me.

Something's telling me it might be you,
It's telling me it might be you
All of my life.

Looking back as lovers go walking past,
All of my life.
Wondering how they met and what makes it last.
If I found the place would I recognize the face?

Something's telling me it might be you,
It's telling me it might be you.
So many quiet walks to take,
So many dreams to wake,
And there's so much love to make.

I think we're gonna need some time,
Maybe all we need is time.
And it's telling me it might be you
All of my life.

I've been saving love songs and lullabies,
And there's so much more
No one's ever heard before.
Something's telling me it might be you,
Yeah, it's telling me it must be you,
And I'm feeling it'll just be you
All of my life.

It's you, it's you
I've been waiting for all of my life.
Maybe it's you, maybe it's you,
I've been waiting for all of my life."

-Stephen Bishop: It Might Be You





"It's not the pale moon that excites me,
That thrills and delights me, oh no.
It's just the nearness of you.

It isn't your sweet conversation
That brings this sensation, oh no.
It's just the nearness of you.

When you're in my arms
And I feel you so close to me,
All my wildest dreams come true.

I need no soft lights to enchant me,
If you'll only grant me the right
To hold you ever so tight,
And to feel in the night the nearness of you."

-Norah Jones: The Nearness of You





"Everytime we say goodbye, I die a little;
Everytime we say goodbye, I wonder why a little.
Why the gods above me, who must be in the know,
Think so little of me, they allow you to go.

When you're near, there's such an air of spring about it,
I can hear a lark somewhere, begin to sing about it.
There's no love song finer, but how strange the change
From major to minor,

Everytime we say goodbye."

-Ella Fitzgerald: Everytime We Say Goodbye





"Looking at the pages of my life,
Faded memories of me and you.
Mistakes you know I've made a few.
I took some shots and fell from time to time.
Baby, you were there to pull me through.


We've been around the block a time or two,
I'm gonna lay it on the line.
Ask me how we've come this far,
The answer's written in my eyes.

Every time I look at you, baby, I see something new
That takes me higher than before and makes me want you more.
I don't wanna sleep tonight, dreamin's just a waste of time!
When I look at what my life's been comin' to,
I'm all about lovin' you.

I've lived, I've loved, I've lost, I've paid some dues, baby.
We've been to hell and back again.
Through it all you're always my best friend.
For all the words I didn't say and all the things I didn't do,
Tonight I'm gonna find a way.

You can take this world away.
You're everything I am!
Just read the lines upon my face:
I'm all about lovin' you!

Every time I look at you, baby, I see something new
That takes me higher than before and makes me want you more.
I don't wanna sleep tonight, dreamin's just a waste of time!
When I look at what my life's been comin' to,
I'm all about lovin' you.

All about lovin' you."

-Bon Jovi: All About Loving You

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home