+ =)

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A Very Long Detour...

So I was uber bored this arvo... spent the whole morning slacking in front of the TV. I blame the existance of this abomination in my living room for such sloth behaviour.

Well, it was hot & humid too today... surprisingly, since the past week has been cooling and gloomy. So I was sitting and sweating in my cozy corner when I got fed up and decided to sweat it out. Took my camera gear, extra batteries, a paint scraper, 4 tiny ziplocks, a small backpack, and I set off for AMK Central. The intention was to take photos while I walk through the park, buy about 10L of soil, get some bottles of Sprite or Coke at $1.05, buy some mangosteens, and walk back and scrape some moss off the sides of some very sunlight-exposed drains. The soil and moss will be used for my soon-to-be pet's home. That pet would be a wild scorpion. Hopefully I manage to find an Emperor Scorpion... it's the most docile of all, I think. And least venomous? Nevertheless, even if I find a lethal one, it does not matter, since I am highly unlikely to handle them with my bare hands.

So I managed to take some photos, of which only 11 are presentable. I've placed them on Slide.com again... and embedded these onto the last Kim Possible icon.

I'll take a picture of my mossy tank if the moss and some other plant manage to thrive in there a couple of days. I think I need more though... probably go scrape some more tomorrow. =) All I can say is, it looks good for now. Also, I was thinking of catching maybe 2 or 3 earthworms to aerate the soil? But there'd be too little soil for even 1 earthworm to go through, so maybe not. I'll hunt for pill bugs though... Pill bugs a.k.a. woodlice. They can decompose dry leaves that I'll be throwing in, and they can be food for my scorpion! Or scorpions. I haven't decided if I want 1 or 2.

So who wants to go scorpion hunting with me? =D I'd be delighted!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home