+ =)

Saturday, August 30, 2008

COMEX

I think I'm finally getting a glimpse of what's so fun about shopping and spending money.

Went to COMEX today after work. My shopping list consists of the following:

1) 1TB harddisk
2) 2 x 300GB harddisk
3) 50pc CD-R
4) Value for money thumbdrive
5) A compact tripod that can extend its legs to 1m at least
6) Prices of Lumix compacts
7) Any other gadgets that might interest me

The 1TB harddisk is for myself, of course. The 300GB ones are for Tiffany and her sister. The CD-Rs and thumbdrive is for my mum. The rest, I couldn't get my hands on coz they were full with items 1, 2, 3 and 4.

Now, I was thinking maybe the ATMs at Suntec would have not much cash left coz everyone would be withdrawing from there. So I withdrew $500 from CityLink Mall. Took a stroll around the 6th floor once through, knew where to get my things from, made a beeline to the store, got items 1, 2 and 4 from the same store. The total cost was $499.70. I gave the lady 10 $50 notes and got back a 20c coin and a 10c coin. Haha! Honestly, that was quite shiok... to just throw a wad of cash away... not literally of course. Tiffany would be missing out on the shiokness of that. =P

Anyways, came home and tried to copy my media files onto my new harddisk... I tried to partition it and stuff but it seems to cock up every now and then. I hope this won't be going on for long. Oh by the way, I got me a Western Digital My Book Essential harddisk. This is just a basic plug-and-play harddisk. What I found out was the Element series is ugly. The Home version has USB, Firewire and eSATA connections, and the World version is connected to the home router and you can access it wirelessly. Cool eh? Hahaha! But for everyone who's on a budget but likes his things looking good, Essential is the way to go.

I'm wondering how long I'll take to fill this thing up... heh...

I was chatting with Jun just now, and I realized (after some time) that her nick is really quite apt. "When was the last time?" I don't know really... Life has been dramatically different from the youthful days of craze, fun, joy, friends and late nights out. Nowadays, I'm just bored, alone, and home way way way way way too early for a 25 year old. Maybe I need some late nights out too... late till I only get home when the dawn breaks, or even when noon comes... that sounds like fun!

But wait... alone? *pffft* That's a load of crap.

Oh yes, I couldn't resist the temptation. After so many months of reasoning, I reasoned that not everything needs to be logical, and ordered my high-powered UV flashlight. When that arrives, I'm gonna take that, my Tiablo, a huge water bottle, maybe my infrared camera, and go hiking into MacRitchie reservoir. Whether or not there'll be company will not be an issue, since I'm sure nobody shares my interest in a nightwalk and its dangers. In fact, I don't know many people who share my interest in danger-induced adrenaline spikes. Oh wells... just as well... or I might have gotten killed years ago. *shrugs*

Oh wells... maybe it's time to sleep. No danger in that...



... or is there?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home