Crazy News!!!
Ok, so I'm sitting at my desk surfing the web. I've finish my responsibilities at work thus far.
Read something crazy.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/11/technology/11apple.html?no_interstitial
Some guy apparently launched a lamer application for the iPhone that merely displays a huge shiny ruby on the phone's display and announces to the world that the buyer of the application is not just rich, but stupid. What's more stupid is that it costs $1000. And what's EVEN more stupid is that there actually are people who bought it!!! 8, in fact. And with the developer pocketing 70% of sales, that's quite an amount, considering the stupidity of the application. But I guess humans are somewhat stupider (if there's such a word). Well, Einstein's right in saying,
"Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
In other crazy news, the direction of turn of the Singapore flyer has been reversed. At the beginning, it rose such that the first view you see is the CBD, Fullerton side, then went down the Suntec side. In other words, if you're facing the flyer with your back facing Conrad, the flyer was turning clockwise. Now, it's turning anti-clockwise. Why? Apparently feng shui masters (yes, plural, as in more than one) have been approaching the management advising them that it's in a perfect location to pick up good "qi" flowing into Singapore (I'm guessing coz it's at the mouth of the Singapore River), but it's turning in the wrong direction, thus pushing away the good "qi" instead.
And to think the management actually listened!
K la, I can't blame them. After all, I don't think it'll make a difference which direction it turns. I would change the direction too, if only to stop the annoying "masters" from pestering me. *shrugs* Well, next time you're on the Singapore Flyer, that's a little trivia you can tell your friends! Yay!
In yet other news, I didn't know Britney Spears' sister, Jamie Spears, is married, and have even given brith! What the heck. She's 17! And I thought she was still acting in Zoey101 in Nickelodeon. Apparently not when she was pregnant. Heh... She looks freakily like Britney though... but hey, they're sisters. Haha!
17... already given birth. Man...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home