+ =)

Sunday, August 31, 2008

A Touching Video, even if I do say so myself.

Lazy Sunday afternoon... Ian's asleep on the living room sofa, mum's asleep in the room. I wanted to sleep but decided not to, so I came to use my computer. When I'm in my room, I usually have some form of music on... so yes, my iPod was playing.

"Happy Birthday" by Corinne May came on, and I thought of Mel and the video I made for her birthday, so I stopped my iPod and watched it on my computer, 3 months after it was played for its intended audience.

And I realize that Mel is a really blessed girl. Yes you are, dear... you really really are. You might not realize but GOD has blessed you so richly that sometimes, the only troubles you have are which group of friends to spend time with because you have so many. Haha! Ain't that right?

And when the video played to the part where her dad's speech was made, and I listened to what he said again (even though I was the one who recorded it), I can never be surer of her blessedness. And I feel that her family is such a close-knit one... really. At times, I even feel envious and wished for my family to be just that little bit like theirs... Of course, every family has squabbles and tantrums. But in the end, what holds everyone together is love. And there is no more genuine love than what I see in her family.

So Mel, cherish your family... of course, your friends too. When you feel that things are not right between you and people, just have a look at the video again, and I'm pretty sure you'll feel very loved.

I miss you...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home