+ =)

Friday, September 5, 2008

WALL.E

I went to watch WALL.E with Mao yesterday...

I wasn't very drawn to it before the show, actually. But it was a good chance to meet up with Mao coz she's having holidays now, and I didn't mind watching it, so-o-o... yep!

Mao was really happy watching it. She says the robots are SO-O-O CUTE!!! Haha! Personally, I didn't think they were that cute. But the way they designed Eve was good. Eve is actually an acronym for "Extraterrestrial Vegetation Evaluator"... and on that note, WALL.E stands for "Waste Allocation Load Lifter - Earth-class". And for those who watched it, or are going to watch it, the teeny cleaner-bot is called MO... and MO stands for "Microbe Obliterator"... hence, his/her/its behaviour... =)

Anyways, by and large (pun intended if you've watched the movie) it wasn't a fantastic movie. The romance wasn't great, the adventure wasn't too exciting, the humour was pretty low. But it's not a bad show because it's quite thought-provoking. We see... k, I see how humans would become in future as we improve on technology and become more & more reliant on these robots to do our chores, and other things we're too lazy to do... FAT! Grossly overweight. I'm quite bent on not ending up with that kind of size in future. I'll be an inconvenience to all, and incosideration to the general public, and a walking signboard of my non-caring of the starving African, or even Singaporean children.

By the way, please do not stereotype robots as androids. And robots do not always have limb-like appendages. In fact, anything that has to be programmed and its main task is to make our lives easier is considered a robot. The dictionary defines robots as anything that functions automatically or by remote control. That's even broader than my definition. Haha!

So yes, we are living in a robot world, if you haven't already realised. But please, don't rely on things like OSIM's uZap or uPapa or whatever crap that's out there that promises to slim you down, keep you healthier and keep you toned and in good shape, and all you have to do is buy it, wear it, and be a couch potato, commanding mum or your maid or your little sister to get some food for you. Get up! Get out!

I have a dream... that my own house will not have a TV. Or if it has to have one, it'll have minimal channels, and the channels will be so boring that the TV will be virtually not in use. Well, the boring channels are there already. I just need a TV that will not be turned on. Haha!

~~~~~~~~~~~

An update of work this morning...

Overall it's been quite laughy. Fun! Haha!

The moment I stepped into office, Auntie Cat called me for help. She said she bought a tray of grapes yesterday for the Management Committee Meeting today, and left it in the fridge, labelled. But when she came in this morning, it was gone!!! To me, it was like, what the hell la, already label still go and take people's things. Anyways, she was quite upset and she wanted me to draw a sad face and write "Who ate my grapes?" so she can paste it on the fridge. Hahaha! So I did! Unfortunately, I didn't have time to scan it coz they were going for meeting alreay.

Anyways, after most of my work is done, we had a crazy chit chat session - Gavin, Miang Cze and myself. We started talking about D&D (which I'm not sure if I wanna go) and somehow drifted from acting and dancing, to indians (probably from the dancing part). Then Gavin was like, "How do indians communicate?" Then both of us didn't know, so he said, "Infrared." Then he said coz of the red dot on their heads... then "JIU!!!" to each other. Hahahaha!!! Damn funny can! Then MC said she has an indian neighbour, her dog also has the red dot on the forehead one!!! Hahahaha! Then I said that's how they communicate with the dog! Then we drifted on to how Raveen always don't reply our emails coz don't have red dot, so next time our email must put a red dot then he'll reply, but then we realized that he doesn't have a red dot on his head, which accounts for all his non-replies. =P

Now, Jeremy just came in and the crazy talks just drifted even further. Oh man, it was a good morning... Maybe coz it's Friday and nobody feels like working. Haha!

Anyways, we continued to say stuff like the modern indians don't really have red dots, because they use newer technology! Open their mouth and you'll probably find a blue tooth... *tiaow* Hahahaha!

K la k la... shan't continue. Wait I kena sued... All in all, we concluded that indians, while having lots of things to make fun at, are pretty smart when it comes to programming and mathematical stuff... and well, maybe dancing.

*sigh*

So fast, 17min more to lunch time. Meeting Madelin for lunch... Shannon gonna go shopping so not joining us. Oh wells...

Dinner tonight! Rice Table at International Building!!! After that, we (Tiffany, Patrick and myself) will be left with only the Jap restaurant there that we haven't tried. Yeah yeah!

Hopefully the day would remain as happy and fun. Hee hee hee!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home