*blank*
Going out with Tiffany and Patrick often leads to conversations about 2 main things: lame ice-blended ba-hu drinks, and life & work... and when we talk about work, it's always about how xian work is and all. And it got me thinking: is it gonna be like that for the rest of my life? Meeting up with friends to complain about work grievances...
Today, I realized something about my job-hunting attitude. I don't feel the urgency in finding a proper permanent job, because I do not want to settle for something less than what I like, or what I think I would enjoy. I really want a job that I will enjoy. And though things will eventually get mundane, at least I have a longer period of happiness than something that I don't like right from the start. The bank is just a means of sustanence for me meanwhile. I doubt I'll ever take up a permanent position in a bank.
My dad told me before he left for the US, that I shouldn't keep on searching for the perfect job, because there'll never be one. Work is about earning money, yes. But earning money is not the goal. So, I should spend the money to buy the things I like, but shopping and spending money is not the goal either. Buying the things you like so that you can enjoy life is the end-point of work. In the end, whether we like to work or not, we ought to enjoy living and enjoy life. Because nobody would "like to work", no? Like, if it's ever possible, everyone wouldn't want to work. But that's not possible because we need to have money for living. But just keep in mind that money isn't everything and we should never make money everything.
K, he didn't exactly say all that. Some were my inferences. But that's the gist I got from him.
I also realized why I get irritated when people start pushing me to set a date where I will have to realize "what I want" isn't gonna turn up anytime soon, and I will have to settle for "something less" in the meantime. Because I'm a last minute person, and I'm also a pretty impromptu person. I do things at the moment. I don't like to plan so much. All my life, I have been doing things when the time felt right, when the mood felt right, when things just felt right. That's why I am unable to set a date, say 31st December 2008, that if I can't find a job I want by then, I will consider a permanent job in the bank, IF I'm still working at the bank. No. That's not me. I foresee that I will be just hanging around working at the bank for the sake of passing time slightly more (or less, depending on how you see it) meaningfully whilst waiting for doors to be opened. The time will come one day when I will realize that I ain't going anywhere and I need to start exploring other areas. I have to let that realization dawn upon me. I can't set it to dawn upon me. It's kinda like letting nature take its course, except this isn't nature. I don't have a name for this, but all the same, I have to let it take its course.
On to lamer things. I just went to the toilet, and I found out something else that can be seen in your shit! So far, there's worms, sesame seeds if u eat alot, kangkong, and corn kernels. Today, I'll add to that list, lady's finger seeds. Pretty big and round, and white. Makes shit look polka dotted. Haha!
Hai... I remember having much more to say than this. But after shitting and getting distracted by a Stephen Chow show, I forget everything.
Oh yes, today I went back to office to take over from Geraldine, the work I would be doing. After the 44th floor, I went down to 27th floor to say hi to CSC. On the way, I met various other ppl, and almost everyone was like, "did you lose weight?" Haha! Well, I don't think so, but I don't mind losing some weight. Not like I need to lose weight though, but I wouldn't mind losing some.
Just now when I just got home, I turned on the mister (not the Mr. that mister; a mister is a device that produces mist) to mist my soon-to-be scorpion tank. Saw some tiny insects trying to crawl up the glass. Yay! Spontaneous life! I'm thinking of planting more mosses inside, throwing some dead leaves in every once in awhile. Hopefully, I'll get some mushroom spores too, and maybe some other insect's eggs. Maybe I'll get springtails, or bristletails. And I definitely want to catch some pill bugs to put in there. I've always been interested to create a self-sustaining terrarium. But I believe this is too small to be one. I have to keep replenishing the food supply with things like dead leaves, rotting pieces of wood, and live crickets for the scorpion to catch. Maybe I can catch cockroaches from my kitchen and throw them in next time. =) What an environmentally and ecologically superior way of killing a cockroach.
Ok... blabber aside, I think I need to go sleep now. BS tmr. *sigh* Haven't done the BS materials yet. I'll just have to go through it tmr while the rest are discussing.
G'night everyone.
And have a happy BBQ, OCF.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home